If you are a WordPress development service provider, you might know some latest checks and facts about WordPress despite knowing the technicalities of WordPress.
WordPress is the most popular and even the oldest open-source CMS (Content Management System) that helps in Website Development.
WordPress was initially launched as a blogging website, but soon its service providers included website development in the most prolific way.
With the advent of WordPress, any WordPress development service provider can design the most functional and good-looking customized website even for a small scale or large scale business.
WordPress has become the epitome of publishing platforms, and it makes a website with the most searched domain and the services that expanded to the maximum amount of people.
You don’t need to have a reasonable budget or need to be among the top sites to make your website the most searched on google. A WordPress website is now not a choice but a must feature to be included by every website development service provider.
Including the latest WordPress version, there are specific 2021 WordPress website statistics that you might know:
WordPress Website Statistics and Facts
WordPress is a CMS platform, all open and accessible. It is highly approachable, extensible, and user-friendly.
- Christine Selleck Tremoulet suggested the ‘WordPress’ name. She was a personal friend of Matt Mullenweg.
- It doesn’t have a CEO. Yes, you heard it right. It is run behind the company Automattic run by Matt Mullenweg.
- WordPress owns no company.
- Older than Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. It was established in 2003, which is relatively older than Facebook, Twitter, and youtube.
- WordPress power over 40% of worldwide websites. – This 40% is likely to be almost 1.3 million websites over all the websites running in the world.
- Sixty million websites on Custom WordPress website Service Provider.
- 661 websites are built every day.
- WordPress web development services even top in the list of top 60 global CMS companies.
- One hundred fifteen billion words got published on WordPress in the year 2016. It was a milestone created five years back.
- Governments from all over the world use them. It is used by ‘The Whitehouse’ along with many other government websites.
- WordPress shares around 76% of the market share, which is far more than other CMS.
- WordPress.org is an open-source and free CMS platform, unlike WordPress.com, which is a blog hosting platform.
- Elementor is the most popular website builder.
- A WordPress developer accounts for $ 76000 annually in the US in Aug 2020.
- The latest WordPress version is 5.7, which is used by less than a quarter of total users. Usually, the user still prefers to use version 4.9.
- All the versions of WordPress are named after famous jazz musicians. Like 5.7 becomes ‘Esparanza‘ after famous Esperanza Spalding.
- Adapted to 72+ languages and for which non-English downloads surpass English downloads.
- WordPress events and WordPress meetups are organized in around 50 countries.
- Has a built-in auto-update feature.
- WordPress even has its cousin projects like ‘bbPress,’ ‘BuddyPress,’ and ‘GlotPress.’
WooCommerce is a popular WordPress plugin used by eCommerce businesses. Dive in for its amazing facts.
- A 1/4th sector of the world population shop online. Till now, 2.05 billion people have switched to online shopping.
- WooCommerce contributes to over 11% of all the websites using CMS.
- In 2020, US eCommerce sales rose to 18%.
- Over 4.4 billion websites use WooCommerce.
- Around 94% of WordPress eCommerce websites have WoCommerce plugins.
- It is constructed in PHP.
- WooCommerce sales have crossed around $20 billion in 2020.
- More than 30 free extensions available on the official website.
WordPress Plugin Facts
WordPress plugins are like just apps that you download from the play- store on your phone. Plugins are the extended support that is used to increase the WordPress website performance.
- WordPress Plugins contain around 58000 free plugins. These make your website powerful.
- Yoast SEO is the most popular plugin.
- The most popular paid plugin is Visual composer.
- Hello, Dolly is a wholly useless but unique plugin. The plugin shows a random lyric from the song Hello Dolly by Louis Armstrong in your admin screen’s upper right corner.
WordPress Theme Facts
WordPress themes are used to add aesthetic features to your website. Designing a beautiful theme catches many audiences to have clean navigation and a go-through idea about your website’s products.
- First introduced in 2005.
- It releases a new default theme every year.
- WordPress has around 6000 themes in the theme directory.
- The most popular theme is Divi and Genesis.
- Avada is the most purchased theme.
- 93% of ThemeForest sales are done from responsive themes.
- People switched to WordPress themes around 2 million times in 2018.
Some General Facts
Just enjoy some fun-loving WordPress website statistics and facts. Besides technicality, WordPress website statistics and facts are far more fantastic to learn. Have a look.
- Twitter has been lodged into WordPress nearly 200000 times in 2021
- The WordPress logo ‘W’ was designed by Jason Santa Maria.
- WordPress is downloaded chiefly on Wednesday and Sunday, being the least popular for download.
- WordPress takes hardly 5 mins to get installed.
- The company behind WordPress, Automattic, shut its office at SanFrancisco due to the non-showing of its employees.
- WordPress has been used to guide a Missile Guidance system.
Now when you have known WordPress so much, you are less in need of hiring a WordPress development service provider company.
To make you realize that you can have a unique website to share and promote your products/services using WordPress, you can go through multiple WordPress Development Service Provider companies who can help you at your door.
I hope you are on your way to building a WordPress Website.
WPBN is curated news aggregator website focusing on trending and hot news from the WordPress community.